Owner of California Skate School and Skater Extraordinaire
Although Brian is the new owner of California Skate School he is not new to the world of skating and teaching. With 27 years of skating experience and 17 years as a certified instructor/coach he has an undeniable ability of making the most seemingly improbable student into a confident, highly skilled inline or roller skater.
Brian's skating may have begun recreationally as the little boy who skated to the skating rink after school on blue sneaker rollerskates given to him by his grandmother, but it soon evolved into a professional career including such accomplishments as:
- Co-founder of Jamskate Association
- Skater and Team Captain on TNN's WSL Rollerjam
- Jessica Simpson's "A public affair" music video skate/stunt double/Jamskater
- Right Guard Deoderant commercial w/Bam Margera. Stunt choreographer/double
- I'm in black (Team Odor) far left.
- Miller Lite Beer commercial in Buenos Airies, Argentina. Stunt double. Skate and stunt tech advisor. Skating cameraman
- Coached 1000s of rollergirls/skaters throughout the US on the game of Roller Derby, skate skills and it's strategies. Being the first and most influential caoch of the Rolergirl movement. He Coached LA & San Diego Derby Dolls, Bay Area Derby Girls, Texas Rollergirls (BGGW), Carolina Rollergirls, Long Beach Rollergirls and the Sugartown Rollergirls to name a few.
- Coaching LA Derby Dolls vs Texas Rollergirls
- Skated for T-birds and Bay City Bombers- old school Seltzer derby
- Pink Spiders "Razor Blade" music video. Jamskater/choreographer
- The Strokes music video
- Flight of the Conchords "Ladies of the World" music video. Skate double
- Nickelodeon's 'The Fresh Beat Band' -dance skater
- Panasonic Electronics commercial- Japan. Principal skater
- Honda Fit car commercial- Japan. Principal skater
- Girls Next Door 'Wheel World' Episode at the Playboy Mansion- skater
- JibJab Birthday E-cards
Many know Brian Gallagher in the industry as 'Blade' or 'Coach Blade' and his reputation as a leader in the skate/entertainment industry.
Although Brian's specialties are extensive don't forget that he is also a skater at heart and is very passionate about sharing these skills with not only the professional skater that wants to perfect their art further but also the absolute beginner that just wants to learn how to stand up, stop and learn how to fall correctly. Brian has an infectious way of teaching and inspiring the young skater, the 'I'm too old to skate' skater, the beginner beginner and the professional.
Brian 'Coach Blade' Jumping derby girls in the Bay Area
Back to Instructor Page>>